Friday, September 4, 2020

It's Official: NOT traveling can make you sick

 


As I do on most mornings, the moment I wake up, I roll over, pick up my iphone and begin scrolling through emails. This one from Travel + Leisure caught my eye. Here is a new twist on thinking about travel during the pandemic. This is unlike the ton of information shoveled out on how to safely suit up for airplane travel and how to scan hotel rooms for lurking killer virus.

Today we consider how it's bad NOT to travel. American Express reported on a poll it conducted. About half (48%) of those surveyed said that not being able to travel made them feel anxious and stressed. And three quarters (78%) of them said that traveling is one of the top activities they miss right now.

If I were to have answered the survey, I'd definitely say that I miss traveling. But put me down for zero interest in taking a trip just for "fun" while the pandemic is raging around. And as to whether I'm "anxious and stressed" about not being able to travel. No. The reason for any anxiety and stress I might feel is because of the pandemic. Put the blame where it belongs. Coronavirus. COVID-19.