Saturday, April 30, 2022

A Mind That Wanders is Not a Bad Thing


 


Nathan Sawaya is a lawyer whose mind was blown open by Legos. About this 4,003-piece Lego sculpture he created, he says: “A Mind That Wanders is Not Always a Bad Thing.” 


That sculpture is one of many multi-thousand piece creations on exhibit in “The Art of the Brick.”  Over seventy sculptures are on display. The biggest is an 80,000 piece T-Rex. 






A quote from the artist posted on the wall says, “When I was a lawyer, I quickly came to realize I was more comfortable sitting on the floor, creating sculptures than I was in a boardroom, negotiating contracts.”



I took my grandson to see them in the grand, defunct Savings Union Bank building in downtown San Francisco. 




You don’t have to enjoy them with a kid, but it’s a scream if you do.